Shannon sent the following reminder:
TODAY is the VOTE! TODAY is our moment, in this movement!
Support the Right to Know Act tonight!! This bill will increase police accountability and transparency.
· Sign up to speak public comment, thank the sponsor, especially if they are your representative and say a couple words in support of the Right to Know Act. The sponsors are Chair Sarah Salem (at large), Menist (Ward 2), Petsas (Ward 1), L. Johnson (Ward 3), Brannen (Ward 4) , Flowers (Ward 5), and Cherry (Ward 6).
· Use this moment to ask for additional changes such as civilian review or a shift in funding from armed officers to a civilian led crisis response team.
· Remember to email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm Monday to sign up for public comment.
· register here to listen to the meeting.
· Contact Mayor and tell him you support the Right to Know Act. This is a very important step to ensure that he does not veto our legislation.
We have done amazing work fighting for this legislation! Members of ENJAN have had a dozen meetings with city council members and members of law enforcement. We have done our best to share information about this bill with the community. We have benefited from the support of our allies at Community Voices Heard, Nobody Leaves Mid-Hudson , Celebrating the African Spirit and many more. Recently the members of the DSA and HV Black Lives Matter have supported our work. Together we can transform policing!! There is much more work to do!! TONIGHT, let’s hope we can celebrate a victory!